Run or Apply
Serve and advocate for students
Why Join Student Governement?
The Student Government is the governing leadership of the Gordon College Student Association (GCSA) as is one of the premier student leadership opportunities on campus. By representing the voices of 1300 students to college leadership, developing initiatives to respond to student needs, overseeing a $100,000 student association, and more, the work of student government is both exciting and challenging. The opportunity provides a leadership and service experience that will equip you with great leadership, team development, problem solving, and planning skills.
It’s Election & Application Season
The Spring Election & Application Season is now underway for the Student Body Presidency & Vice Presidency, and director positions, in the newly revamped GCSA Student Government. We encourage students of all majors and backgrounds to prayerfully consider these important leadership & service opportunities. All students who are interested in serving in Student Government, or who just want to learn more, should attend our info-session this Thursday at 8:30 PM in KOSC Fowler Auditorium.
Run for Student Body President & Vice President
Serving as President & Vice President is a fulfilling leadership opportunity at Gordon. Serving 1300 of our peers, the duo oversees the Gordon College Student Association (GCSA), and meets regularly with college administrators to represent and address student issues.
- Presidential candidates run with their vice presidential choice on a ticket
- Approved campaigns can begin campaigning as early as April 17th
- Final candidacy filing deadline is April 21st
- Pizza with the Candidates on April 24th at 5pm in Chesters
- Election Day is on April 27th
Student Government Director Positions
From managing a $100,000 budget for clubs and organizations, to leading the communications strategy for
student government, to managing records and minutes for the Student Senate,
the staff positions in the Office of Student Body President are essential to the student body.
- Positions include Director of Finance, Director of Communications, and Executive Secretary
- Applications are due on April 27th (same day as the presidential election)
- The President-elect and Vice President-elect will then review director applications
Interested in serving in the new Student Senate?
Senate Elections will occur in the early Fall using the new residential representation system.